The mission of the Cobblestone Farm Association is to provide an example of a Washtenaw County farmstead, showing aspects of its settlement in the nineteenth century to the mid-twentieth century, and by demonstrating agricultural, architecural, domestic, religious, and social customs and activities across time, to create an increased awareness of the contribution this historic resource makes to the strength and vitality of the community
This mission, in collabortion with the City of Ann Arbor who owns the resource, the city's Department of Parks and recreation [now called "Service Unit"] who operates and interprets it, and the Historic District Commission who enforces its protection as a historic district, is to be accomplished by means of the following objectives:
A. The establishment and maintenance of an endowment fund to provide in perpetuity for restoration and curatorial stewardship of the property and all its resources.
B. The ongoing research, documentation and archival storage of the history of the property and all its resources.
C. The acquisition, cataloging, and stewardship of a historically appropriate restoration along with furnishings which demonstrate the material culture of the farm's domestic, agricultural, and social aspets during its initial ocupancy form 1845-1860.
D. The supervision of material culture exhibits which interpret later periods of the farm to 1945.
E. The publication of a newsletter and preserntations of programs and events for members and the community.