Cobblestone Farm Association :: A Historical Time Line for Cobblestone Farm
Print Close Window

Ticknor family 1824-1860

Booth family 1860-1880

Campbell family 1881-1973

1824

Ezra Maynard clears land for a 240-acre farm in Section 3 of Pittsfield Township, lives in a log house on Malletís Creek

1835

Maynard sells farm to Heman Ticknor on behalf of his brother Benajah Ticknor, a surgeon serving in the United States Navy

1840

Dr. Benajah Ticknor shares the small frame house with brother Heman and family

1844

Construction of the cobblestone house completed

1846

Ticknor farm expands by another 80 acres

1860

Gesie Ticknor inherits the farm from her late husband Benajah, sells to Horace Booth

1880

William and Catherine Burke purchase the farm, then sell to Susan Chandler

1881

Scottish immigrants, William and Mary Aulls Campbell purchase the farm. Three generations work the farm

1972

City of Ann Arbor acquires the farm from George and Mary Campbell

1973

Cobblestone Farm Committee founded

1974

Ann Arbor City Council resolution gives authority for the Farm to Historic District Commission, Cobblestone Farm Committee transforms into Cobblestone Farm Association, Inc. and incorporates as a non-profit voluntary organization

1982

Ann Arbor City Council resolution establishes guidelines for management and operation, Farm officially becomes

 

Printer-friendly page
Original Web Page Address:

Site: © 2002-2017 by: Pierian Press Web Services | Hosted by: Stratton House Inn
Content: © 2004-2017 Cobblestone Farm Association. All rights reserved.