Cobblestone Farm Association
 
Michigan  
  Go to Related Society
 

The Ticknors
The Booths
The Campbells
Walking Tour
Time line
Errors and Terrors
Lincoln Logs
Cabin demolished
Moving the cabin
PLP
Can you name them
Stephen Mills
Stephen Mills story
Mary Campbell
Pitchforks
Marsh Hawks
RCC - 1929 Diary
Photos well documented
1869 Horace Booth letter
Historic or Historical
Log Cabin mystery
Best Rice Popovers

Change Font Size:
Increase font size Decrease font size Restore default font size
 A Historical Time Line for Cobblestone Farm

Ticknor family 1824-1860

Booth family 1860-1880

Campbell family 1881-1973

1824

Ezra Maynard clears land for a 240-acre farm in Section 3 of Pittsfield Township, lives in a log house on Malletís Creek

1835

Maynard sells farm to Heman Ticknor on behalf of his brother Benajah Ticknor, a surgeon serving in the United States Navy

1840

Dr. Benajah Ticknor shares the small frame house with brother Heman and family

1844

Construction of the cobblestone house completed

1846

Ticknor farm expands by another 80 acres

1860

Gesie Ticknor inherits the farm from her late husband Benajah, sells to Horace Booth

1880

William and Catherine Burke purchase the farm, then sell to Susan Chandler

1881

Scottish immigrants, William and Mary Aulls Campbell purchase the farm. Three generations work the farm

1972

City of Ann Arbor acquires the farm from George and Mary Campbell

1973

Cobblestone Farm Committee founded

1974

Ann Arbor City Council resolution gives authority for the Farm to Historic District Commission, Cobblestone Farm Committee transforms into Cobblestone Farm Association, Inc. and incorporates as a non-profit voluntary organization

1982

Ann Arbor City Council resolution establishes guidelines for management and operation, Farm officially becomes
Jump to top of page  Top Link to this page  Link to this page